Gateway Global Releases RFQ for Renovation of New 28,000 Sq. Ft. GIWAC Training Facility
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
GIWAC – HYDE PARK
Gateway Global American Youth and Business Alliance Academies Inc. (Gateway Global)
Request for Qualifications
Subject: 1435 Mallinckrodt St., St. Louis, MO 63107 – Construction/ Renovation Services for GIWAC Hyde Park
Send Submissions to:
Zekita Armstrong Asuquo
CEO, Gateway Global
Request for Qualifications – Construction/ Renovation Services for GIWAC Hyde Park
911 Washington Ave., # 823
St. Louis, MO 63101
Tel: (314) 252-8841
As part of the development of the new Geospatial & IT Workforce and Apprenticeship Campus (GIWAC) training center in North St. Louis, Gateway Global needs construction/ renovation services at its main facility located at 1435 Mallinckrodt St., St. Louis, MO 63107 in the Hyde Park neighborhood. Gateway Global issues this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) to qualified contractors to provide the services with possible options.
The GIWAC training center has been planned to act as a workforce development catalyst in the rapidly growing Geospatial industry (and its converging sectors) for residents in North St. Louis and the surrounding region. The GIWAC training center is located in the 28,000 sq ft former Most Holy Trinity School Building and will contain training classrooms, computer labs, state of the art equipment, and administrative and industry partner office spaces. The GIWAC will serve as a workforce development resource hub for youth and adults who follow both conventional and non-conventional paths towards career and academic success. The GIWAC training center will also have some limited space available for after school use for K-12 residents that need a safe and nurturing environment to do homework and access computer workstations and high speed wi-fi to enhance their learning. The training center’s hours will be from 8am – 6pm Monday through Friday with the potential for Saturday morning and afternoon hours to accommodate youth in the community that cannot access the facility during the week after school. Later phases of the GIWAC include a full apprenticeship workspace across the street at 1420 Mallinckrodt and a simulation theater and secured office space in a newly constructed facility just blocks away in the Old North neighborhood. This will all be accomplished across two out of six neighborhoods directly impacted by the new development of the $1.7B National Geospatial Intelligence Agency federal facility at Jefferson and Cass Avenues. The development of the GIWAC will help to create thriving residents with the awareness, aptitude, and aspirations to fully participate in the economic development of the region.
Note: MO DHEWD required documents, regulations, and procedures
Gateway Global is a recipient of MO state funding for this specific request. Certain regulations may be required to accommodate the awarded project.
State Participation Disclosure – “This project will be partially funded with Missouri state funds and therefore is subject to the Missouri state laws and regulations.”
Construction/Renovation Services Requirements
Description of Project Components –Provide a general description of all project components involved in the project. Indicate where the project involves the construction of new facilities or the renovation or replacement of existing ones. Describe each of the project components in terms of dimensions, quantities, capacities, square footage, etc.
A statement verifying the project components – Provide statement outlining the project components including materials, staff requirements, and timelines.
Drawings Rough - Dimensions and quantities for major project components should be shown and labeled on the drawings. Drawings should clearly identify the project components that are being proposed. Applicants are encouraged to clarify such drawings, for example, through color coding, labeling, and other appropriate methods.
A feasibility analysis for the constructability of the project, including a review of the existing conditions and note particular features, alignments, and events affecting construction/ renovation of project components.
The proposed method of construction/ renovation. Indicate whether construction procurement shall be done through competitive bid or other method. Indicate if any portion of the project is to be done by design/build, construction management at risk, the applicant’s own forces, or whether a third-party construction manager. If an alternate construction procurement method (other than traditional design/bid/build with sealed competitive bid process) is proposed, a construction services procurement plan must be provided to Gateway Global .
The number of construction/ renovation contracts anticipated. If multiple contracts are proposed, provide a description of the project components included in each contract. If separate contracts are anticipated for demolition or site work, the budget information cost classification should reflect the estimated costs for these components. If project phasing is proposed, a project phasing request must be provided to Gateway Global. Gateway Global also requires consultation with regard to subcontractors being considered for participation on the project.
A current detailed construction/ renovation cost estimate for each of the project components. Show quantities, unit prices, and total costs and provide a basis for the determination of contingencies.
A list of all permits required for the proposed project and their current status. Identify all permits required; include the timeline to obtain the permits and discuss how the permitting relates to the overall project schedule.
An overall estimated project schedule, including the number of months for each of the following:
Responses to this Request for Qualifications must include the following information:
1. Identifying Information. The first page of your submission must include your company name, contact name, address, telephone number, and email contact.
2. Your Company’s Background. Provide a brief description of your firm’s history, number of years in business, number of employees, and overall services offered.
3. Statement of Qualifications. Those submitting a proposal shall demonstrate knowledge and experience in the restoration of historic structures. Proposals should include:
· Statement of understanding of the project
· Statement of relevant experience with similar projects
· Statement of approach including identification of employees and/or sub consultants who will perform the services; include a brief profile of the employees/sub consultants including their professional licenses, registrations, and designations
· Preliminary schedule for completing the work
4. Disclosure of Potential Conflict of Interest. Provide a statement regarding any potential conflict of interest issues the firm assigned to this project might have or encounter. This project may involve development in association with several public and private concerns.
Please indicate whether relationships exist with these entities.
5. M/WBE Participation. The City seeks to obtain participation by women and minority owned business enterprises and has as a goal at least twenty-five percent (25%) minority business enterprise participation and at least five percent (5%) women business enterprise participation, as defined in the Mayor’s Executive Order #28, as amended and extended.
Please provide a statement regarding the firm’s policy in support of these goals.
An executed contract will be awarded using Gateway Global’s procedures for small and large purchase procurements, including receipt of at least two submissions from responsible and qualified bidders. The submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
● Qualifications, including knowledge of historic building renovation and experience with similar projects
● Responsiveness to this RFQ
● Timeliness of anticipated work schedule
● M/WBE participation
● Compliance with the City of St. Louis’ Living Wage Ordinance
● City of St. Louis business license and ability to pass city tax clearance
● Capacity to complete the project, licenses, bonding, and required insurances
Note: The successful firm may be selected to perform additional project services, however, that will be contingent on Gateway Global’s approval for final construction/ renovation.
TIMING OF SUBMISSIONS, AWARDING, AND START OF PROJECT
· All submissions actually received by 12:00 pm on December 26, 2022 will be accepted as timely.
o Responses may be mailed or emailed to the address listed on first page.
· Gateway Global projects an award date on or around December 30, 2022.
· The project ideally will commence immediately upon award of the contract.
· Services/deliverables for this specific RFP due no later than June 25, 2023.
Please direct all inquiries concerning this Request for Qualifications in writing to: Request for Qualifications – Construction/ Renovation Services for GIWAC Hyde Park, 911 Washington Ave., # 823, St. Louis, MO 63101, Tel: (314) 252-8841
Reservation of Rights
Gateway Global reserves the right to reject any or all proposals for any reason, in its sole discretion; to select one or more respondents; to void this RFQ and the review process and/or terminate negotiations at any time; to revise any conditions and stipulations contained herein, as convenient or necessary; to further negotiate fees, rates and financial arrangements, etc; to establish further criteria for selection; to ask respondents to submit additional information or evidence of their proposals and experiences; to waive informalities in the proposals and in the proposal process; and to negotiate with respondents; to reject any and/or all proposals for any reason, in its sole discretion.
Gateway Global Staff